Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Today was amazing! I had a hard time getting up this morning but my first class was good, she isn't as hard to understand as the Simpson kids told me but she does talk really fast! Then I had a quiz in my other class and it was pretty easy. After class I went to lunch with some of my friends from Simpson and went shopping on Cordoba Ave! It was fun, but I didn't find a jacket. :( There was one I really liked in the Nike store but was 600 pesos, about $150. I didn't have money for that so I've decided that I'll just wear my bright green rain coat around for the rest of the trip because of course I brought a rain coat and nothing else. Addi said maybe we could check a different street tomorrow and see if there are any cheaper ones that I like. Then we went in some of the sports stores and Nathan was trying to teach me how to tell the difference between real and fake jerseys for Newell's Old Boys, Club Rosario and the Argentina National team. Apparently they make really good fakes here. We walked all the way down Cordoba to the river and to El Monumento Historico Nacional a la Bandera, the flag monument! Addi and I decided to pay the 3 pesos to go to the top of the monument. It was so beautiful!!! I'm doing homework now and then having dinner and going with Addi and some others to the English class that's being taught at UCEL!  Here are some pictures from today:


A picture I took of the monument and the river as we were walking towards it. (I swear I need to change my major to photography or something because just look at how beautiful this is!)



View of the river from the top!




The buildings of Rosario




The Cathedral and City Hall






No comments:

Post a Comment