Thursday, June 14, 2012

The past few days have been so busy! Tuesday I woke up with a terrible migraine, I guess not sleeping much over the weekend finally caught up with me. I slept through my first class, when I woke up I felt a lot better though! After class I had lunch with Addi and Jesse. Then we went back to UCEL to meet everyone from WCU and some of the ambassadors and Simpson kids for mate and cervezas in the park for Nicole's birthday. We went to probably my least favorite park here, there was dog poop EVERYWHERE. It was gross, not a smart choice for a mate park. After that I went back to UCEL with Addi and we did some homework. At like six I came home to work on a paper and finish everything before the big party. Mama Maria had everyone from the West Chester group, our professor and his friend over for dinner for Nicole's birthday! It was a lot of fun, she made gnocchis! After dinner and cake and cleaning up a lot of us went to the bar. By the end of the night it was down to Nicole, Jesse, Manuel (my host brother) and I. We didn't get home until 5 am!!!! Waking up for class at 8:30 was really rough. I somehow made it to class yesterday, don't ask me how because I probably looked like a zombie. After class I went to this little cafe on my Rosario bucket list that is 50% off on Wednesdays! Then at 3 we had our first tango class!! I'm not trying to brag, but I'm actually pretty good. A lot of the people were saying it was hard but it came pretty easy to me. Maybe it's from the years of hip-hop and Irish dancing....who knows. After tango I finished my homework and caught up on Pretty Little Liars!! I finally found a website that works here! I found the hard way that ABCFamily.com and Netflix don't work outside the US! You can see the picture below. This morning I went to class with Graciela and we were learning about the history of tango! Perfect timing since we had class yesterday. She said she didn't know how to tango only salsa so Eddie was "teaching" her! Then in class with Marcos we listened to some tango music and learned some new material. I went to the cafe at UCEL to work on my paper and then ended up going to La Empanadaria for lunch. We had tango class again today and I'm definitely awesome ;) They kept telling me not to dance on my toes and stay flat which is hard for me I think because of Irish dance, you're always on your toes. Plus, I was imagining having on heels like our instructor! I finished one of my papers after class and then took a nap. We had chicken for dinner and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert! I should be finishing my other paper now but obviously blogging is more important, right? Haha, don't comment and answer that!! I'm 99% sure that my English is a whole lot worse than when I got here. I've found myself thinking in Spanish and it's definitely messing with my head because I'm second guessing myself when I speak or write in English, like right now. So basically what I'm saying is sorry for any grammatical errors or if things don't make sense....I've re-read everything I wrote here and I feel like it's correct but then again who knows. Fio, that was mostly directed to you if you're still reading this. I can picture you cringing at my terrible mistakes ;) Here are some pictures!



Belen, Me, Mama Maria, Nicole, Ines. My sisters :)




Nicole, Mama Maria and I at Nicole's birthday party.







Manuel, my host brother!





Everyone at Nicole's party!





Eddie teaching Graciela how to tango.....




The lovely message ABC Family gave me when I tried to watch my show :(





1 comment:

  1. I need to see you tango to believe it!! :) Glad you are having fun. Emma got her swim team buddy last night--Erin Lynch. She is so excited. Emma has already invited her self over to Erin's and wants me to go out so Erin can babysit. Katelynn now says pool and I couldn't get her out of it last night. Can't wait for you to see her in action. I have Skype now!!! Hopefully "see" you soon. :)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete