Thursday, June 7, 2012

It's really cold here today. Apparently the weather is unusually cold, of course that would be my luck for the time I'm here. But this will be the coldest week for winter. It's going back to 73 on Monday so I can't wait for that!! Yesterday I had classes and then went to lunch with Martin, Jesse and Addi. The restaurants here have these deals for lunch where you get a drink, a meal of 3 different choices and a postre (dessert). We got two pizzas and 4 cokes for 20 pesos each which is a fantastic deal! We ended up sitting there forever! We then went back to UCEL and sat in the cafe and did homework for a couple hours. Last night I didn't do anything besides homework. Today we had class and then everyone from West Chester went out to lunch together! It was fun but I don't like how everyone speaks English all the time....I feel like nobody tries to speak Spanish when we're together and that's the whole reason we're here! I feel bad that I'm not hanging out with the people from my own school as much but I'm learning so much from the ambassadors and even the Simpson kids since they've already been here for 4 months! Then we walked through the parks to one of the museums, Museo de la Ciudad. It was small but still interesting. They still had the farmacia (pharmacy) there from years ago! Tonight Mama Maria's nieces are coming over for a big dinner so I get to meet them. I'm not sure yet if I'll be going to the bar and boliche tonight, I have class at 8:30 tomorrow. I also won't be able to post until Monday probably because we're going to Buenos Aires this weekend!!!


This first picture is specifically for my mom since she keeps asking me if I'm smoking the peace pipe in the park...here I am with Addi, drinking mate! No peace pipes or Native Americans in sight ;)


Plaza Luis!



Plaza Italia



Marya and I at Rosedal



Walk outside the Museum



Museo de la ciudad!


The pharmacy!



The lake!


Every day the date is placed in flowers in front of this one park!! I love it!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having a great time! I love all the pictures. Have fun in Buenos Aires this weekend. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete