Thursday, June 28, 2012

mi último día completo en Argentina :(

Today is my last full day in Argentina! I seriously can not believe how fast these five weeks have gone by. Everyone is probably so sick of hearing me say that, but it's true. I hate how when you aren't enjoying what you're doing the time goes by so slow, but of course when you're enjoying yourself the time flies. I never thought I would fall in love with a foreign country, let alone one in South America. I always pictured myself studying abroad in Spain and never thought that if I went there I wouldn't want to go home. Nope, here I am in South America in love with the country not wanting to return to the United States. I'm in a place where people, myself included, have always underestimated. I went to classes this morning and it was rough! I made a card for Graciela and had everyone sign it. She started to cry when we gave it to her which almost made me cry! She is the sweetest woman. Then we had our other class and I had my final presentation. I really don't know why but I am not a public speaker and theres only 6 people in the class and I still couldn't get the correct words out....embarrassing! After class we had graduation! Merm and Derek sang a song we listened to in Graciela's class (in Spanish) and then Eliana, Fanny and Melina wanted to hear more so they sang "Jersey Turnpike Blues" the song they wrote when we broke down on the side of the turnpike on our way here! Then we got our certificates and hats and took lots of pictures. Then we had our goodbye lunch at Pasosport, the same delicious place we had our welcome lunch! Fanny, Melina, Eliana (the women from the International Relations office) and Graciela all came to eat with us! It was really sad and hard saying goodbye to them, but they said I had to come back and I definitely will! I wish I wasn't almost done my minor requirements because I would love to come back next spring and spend the whole semester here! After lunch I went and found the guy that sold me the rings on San Martin and bought some more jewelry then I met up with Pau for my last minute shopping extravaganza! Alfajores, CHECK. Fernet to drink tonight (I can't bring any home since I'm not 21) CHECK. Shot glasses for my collection, CHECK. Dulce de leche, CHECK. Mate, yerbaera and yerba, CHECK. Mom, we can totally smoke the peace pipe at the pool when I get home. Greg, don't worry I'm leaving the herbs in the container I bought it in so customs won't think its weed like everyone else did when they saw the Wikipedia page. And I definitely bought a lot of other things too but I can't remember right now. We're about to have our last dinner with Mama Maria, Manuel (my brother) and Belen (one of my two sisters). After we're going to the bar and then the boliche! The plan is to stay out til the boliches close at 6am and then get breakfast and then we'll catch our bus to the airport at 9. I'm not done packing and I don't want to finish packing! I don't want to leave!!!!! I haven't had time to upload any pictures recently but once I have time I will update this probably one or two last times after I return to the states. Chau, chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment