Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mi Penúltimo Día :(

Today was the second to last day here in Rosario!!! Words can not even describe how upset I am! Tomorrow is going to be so hard and sad! We had classes this morning and then went to lunch at la empanaderia! After lunch I went back to my house to drop off my books and then took a taxi to meet everyone at el Museo de la Memoria. I experienced being taken advantage of by a taxi driver for the first time, I told him el Museo de Memoria on Cordoba and Moreno. He took me to el Bosque de la Memoria at the edge of the city in not a nice area. I wasn't paying attention to the streets, I was texting Paula, so I had no idea when we passed both of the streets I needed to be on. He said it was el museo de la memoria and I also asked a woman on the street and she said it was el museo de la memoria too! It was 20 pesos and I was in a sketch part of the city and there were no other taxis in sight. I walked so many blocks and finally met up with Marcos and the other students at the right museum where I found out there was a different museum de memoria. Glad I knew that before.... anyway the museum was really interesting, it was all about the desaparecidos, the people who disappeared! The building that the museum is located in was actually the headquarters for the military during the dictatorship where they planned the kidnappings and killings of all the desaparecidos! I'm such a sucker for the big historical things like this. The Holocaust and these types of things are very fascinating to me, I would probably have been a history major if I cared to learn about wars and the other less interesting things we always were forced to learn about when we were younger. After the museum I met up with Pau to go shopping and have merienda, the afternoon snack they have here. We walked down Cordoba searching for a Messi jersey for my stupid brother, yes Greg, this is directed at you. We couldn't find one anywhere! They have the Argentina National team jerseys but without any names on them, which makes no sense to me. Messi is one of the greatest soccer players and he is from Rosario, why wouldn't you have his jersey on every street corner?! Anyway after that I saw some more girls in the shops that had their hair done in the most popular style here, dyed blonde at the ends. Pau and I decided that I needed to do something crazy and spontaneous while I'm here and since I only have one full day left why not go with the trend and try to look more like an Argentinian? We went to the salon and unfortunately it would take three hours to bleach the ends and then dye it, etc and the salon closed in an hour and a half so they wouldn't have time to do it! They told me to come back tomorrow but I don't think I'll have time =/ Then we went to Pau's apartment and had merienda and I interviewed her for my final paper! Then I came back to the house and worked on my paper some more and had dinner with Mama Maria. Then I skyped Belu, we're actually still skyping right now with Pau, and interviewed her for my paper! Tomorrow we graduate from UCEL :( It's gonna be so sad! After graduation we're having a big lunch with the ambassadors and the people from the International Relations office! Then I have so many things I need to buy and do and I still need to pack and then EVERYONE (Simpson kids, WCU kids, and ambassadors) is going to the boliche ALL NIGHT!!! Chau for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment