Friday, May 30, 2014

Dias 1 y 2!

Saludos de Buenos Aires! Greetings from Buenos Aires!!! We arrived into the airport yesterday morning! I randomly got seated next to Victoria on the plane so we spent a lovely 10.5 hours together. I watched The Monuments Men, but fell asleep before I saw the ending so don't ruin it for me anyone! After finding our bags, going through customs, and waiting for our bus, it was lunch time when we finally got to the hotel! On our way to the hotel we passed the Argentina National team's practice field! The police and media were everywhere, we could see the team practicing from the road! We went to a delicious restaurant that we went to last time I was here. I had milanesa, a typical Argentine meal, breaded meat filet. After lunch we went to the Plaza de Mayo where we just missed the abuelas walking and protesting!!! I was so mad, I guess I'll have to come back now because that's something I'll still need to see. After lunch some of us went shopping and some went to explore Buenos Aires some more. I was on the prowl for a Messi jersey but didn't find any good ones. For dinner we went to an all you can eat buffet, all meats. And if any of you know anything about Argentine meat, you'd be in heaven here. We got back around 1am and passed out. This morning we had our City Tour! We started off in the north part of Buenos Aires with the Recoleta Cemetary and then went into the Plaza de Mayo again. Today we got to go into the Cathedral and saw where the Pope was a priest! I even got a rosary blessed by him. Then we went to San Telmo, which is a little more bohemian. We then went to Boca where tango started. We finished off the tour with Puerto Madero and headed back to San Telmo for lunch. After lunch we came back to the hotel and took a siesta, thankfully because I have been SO tired. Tonight we are headed to a tango show and dinner and probably out to a bar after. Tomorrow morning we have a free day and might go to Juan Francisco y Martin's for asado! I met them the last time I was here and now they live in Buenos Aires. Chau for now.....


Plaza de Mayo and Casa Rosada (President's house) at night!


Papa Francisco!

The Cathedral where he was a priest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment