Friday, June 13, 2014

Off to Uruguay!

This has been a busy week! Everyday I have been working on my readings and trying to figure out where to start with my paper. The one book I'm reading is a real version of what happened during the dictatiorship. There are 7 guys who were supposed to be killed and ended up surviving their firing squad, how terrifying?! Tuesday we went to the Museo de la Memoria, the Memorial museum where all the information about the people who disappeared, and some of what happened, is located. Tuesday night we went to a bar owned by 2 guys from California! It's actually the only brewery in Rosario so that was really cool! Wednesday it was 70 degrees and cloudy! After the winter we had I am SO happy to be in this winter right now. We ended up going to Shawarma after dinner to hangout and we sat outside because of how nice it was. Thursday it was miserable. It was already 70 degrees at 9am when I went to school and was MONSOONING. It was a gloomy day all around. We went to a Mexican restaurant (that isn't really Mexican food but they like to claim that they are) to watch the Brazil game! It is so exciting being in Argentina during the World Cup! Everyone is soooo excited. People are selling anything you can imagine in Argentina colors on the street corners. Last night I played handball with my host sisters again! I'm really enjoying playing it, I never played in the states. Today everyone else had class but I didn't. We went and bought our bus tickets to Uruguay, got lunch, had ice cream, then went to watch the Spain game with Merrick and Shelby! That was probably the most embarrassing game for Spain being the defending champs....oh well! Mama Maria just made milanesa for dinner and now I'm just hanging out until I go meet everyone at the bar. We are going to grab a drink before we have to head to the bus station. Our bus leaves for Uruguay at 1am tonight, we'll get there in the morning and then be back in Argentina tomorrow night. It's just a day trip but I'm excited to get another stamp in my passport and see a new country! We're all very excited for Argentina to play on Sunday so I'll be sure to update everyone after that!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment