Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 1, 2, & 3.....

So we left WCU at 2 on Monday, out flight was supposed to be at 8 pm from JFK to Santiago, Chile then onto Buenos Aires. Of course Monday was the hottest day all weekend and the bus broke down on the side of the turnpike for 3 hours! We missed the flight but then got another flight at 11pm to Lima, Peru and then onto Chile and then Argentina. We got to Lima and then were on the flight to Chile and the plane came to a halt as we were taking off down the runway. There was a fuel problem so we had to get off and then the only flight to Argentina had 6 spots but there's 12 of us in the group. So we got free breakfast and were put in a hotel in downtown Lima where we got free lunch and dinner. We got to explore Lima and the best way to describe it is New York City. Cars don't stop for you crossing the street, and people hunt you down to try to sell you things! We flew out of Lima at 1am and got to Buenos Aires at like 7 this morning. We took the bus to Rosario and arrived at the University and met our families! Mama Maria (that's what we're calling her to each other, I don't really know what to call her yet) brought Nicole and I home and we had lunch and gave us a tour of the house! We unpacked and showered and are now finally having some time to rest. I didn't sleep much on the planes but on the bus ride today I got a good 3 hours! I guess thats it for now, I'll attempt to put up some pictures from Peru but I'm new to this whole blogging thing so we'll see if I can figure it out! I'll try to post at least one thing a day but I'm not sure how busy I'll be. We have orientation all day tomorrow....wish me luck! :)

3 comments:

  1. You knew that I would comment. I'm impressed with your trip to Argentina and of course, your blog. I (we) hope you have a great experience!

    Fio and Mrs. Fio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite an exciting start to the trip, eh?? Congrats Roons! I am so happy to see that you are exploring the world - it will be one of the BEST expereinces of your life. Take it one day at a time, take lots of pictures, and make lots of friends. Give Mama Maria a big hug each night and pretend it's Mel. :) Can't wait for the next update - get rested up. We want to hear about everything - the customs, the weather, and most importantly, the food! Proud of ya and thinking of ya.

    Mr. D, Mrs. D and Alyssa (by the way, did you know she was on TV on "The Sing Off"?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT blog Emily! - thanks for sharing all the details...and the pics are amazing. Truly a once in a lifetime experience. Be sure to savor every minute of it. Can't wait to see you kissing everyone on the cheek when you return....I'm sure Cleo and Alec will be BIG fans. :) Have fun.

    Mr and Mrs D......and Alyssa

    ReplyDelete